What is a personal brand?
Personal branding means a brand whose content and values are not only based on a product or image of a company but also, convey values that should help people to rethink topics to understand. The personal brand (personal branding) is an image that develops about you in a professional community. Personal branding is the practice of marketing people and their careers as brands. It is common knowledge in social media that you follow people rather than brands. Today, a brand is not only a product or service but also in modern business, individuality has become a brand.
How to create a vision and image for your personal brand?
Companies create their vision and mission. Creating a personal brand involves developing a personal vision. It will determine the idea of others around you and the direction of professional and personal life.
But, to decide on plans for the future, you need to understand who you are today. To do this, you can do the following:
- Make a list of your values (family, friends, ambitions, etc.),
- Identify your passion (smartphones, travel, design, etc.),
- List your best traits (openness, integrity, etc.),
- Talk about yourself with family members and friends.
Now you need to understand who you want to be. To do this, you can:
- Identify the most fruitful aspects of your life,
- Narrow down the list of aspects to potential vision,
- Plan your perfect career end
- Back to the present moment
- Compare vision and values.
To shape your vision was easier, you can focus on the people you admire. Make a list of people whose career inspires you. Find out what steps they took to achieve their goals. Use their experience when planning your journey. After that, you can proceed to create a unique image.
To create an effective professional image, you need to consider these following points:
In particular, Your image must be unified and consistent on all platforms. Consistency is an important professional trait that is especially appreciated in business.
People seek creativity especially, in those people with whom they want to work. And for this modern technology provide unlimited opportunities for creativity. Create your portfolio based on your career vision and try to express your personality in it.
In today’s world, you just need to stand out and remember. To do this, you can include unique rituals in your daily life that will be closely associated with your image.
4. Professional photos
Amateur photos can rarely impress Therefore, it is important to have several high-quality images in your portfolio that will characterize you from the best side.
5. Professional site
Of course, social networks are important for creating a personal brand, but the presence of a professional personal website is simply necessary.
6. Personal signature
Always add your unique signature to emails: it can contain your photo, name, position, company name, contacts, etc.
Build trust, confirm your professionalism and quickly answer questions from your audience, collaborate with experts from your industry.
How to determine the target audience?
The next step after creating a vision and image is to identify the target audience. If you are looking for work, then you are selling yourself to potential employers and If you want to start your own business, you are selling yourself to potential customers.
But your target audience is not only customers and employers. It’s better to focus on creating your own community.
To build a strong relationship, you need to give a lot. It is important to perfectly understand your audience and be able to put yourself in the place of another person.
Your target audience may consist of:
- The people who pay you
- People who influence people who pay you
- Your supporters.
To understand what people will be willing to pay you :
- Determine which people will help you move to the next level in your plan,
- Make a detailed description of them: name, age, gender, position, hobby, etc.,
- Try to understand the professional and personal, motivation of these people:
- Identify your potential
- Make a plan to achieve your goals.
To start collaborating with influential people, you need to:
- Find the authorities you are interested in,
- Make a detailed description for them,
- Develop a contact plan.
Do not forget about the supporters who will help you in all your endeavors.
- Define your support group,
- Tell them about your goals,
- Report all news and changes on time.
All these steps will help you to better understand your target audience and develop a plan for establishing and strengthening relationships.
How to create an online and offline presence?
One of the important stages of creating a personal brand is strengthening your online presence such as registering and launching a personal website, promoting on social networks and building your own community.
When working with social networks, consider the following points:
- Check if your username is busy
- Register your profile in current social networks,
- Stay tuned for new interesting platforms.
To create your own website you first need:
- Check if your domain name is busy
- Choose and register a suitable domain.
You can create a professional website yourself by installing WordPress, choosing a suitable theme and regularly publishing content.
Do not forget to tell in detail about yourself, add contacts, register a working email and give examples of successful projects.
Keeping a blog with useful information will help you drive traffic to your site and strengthen your professional influence.
Do not forget about the offline presence. Design a unique design for business cards and other printed materials. Also, it will not be superfluous to monitor your appearance.
How to expand brand reach?
Immediately after creating a personal brand, expanding its reach is quite difficult. Especially if your goal is a narrowly targeted audience.
There are several strategies that can help you attract people’s attention while ensuring a return on investment.
- Make personal contacts with people attending local events.
- Connect with people on social networks,
- Actively discuss topics that are relevant to you in groups and forums,
- Post guest posts
- Take part in interviews and write articles together with other authors,
- Host affiliate webinars,
- Promote your brand with online advertising.
These are the most popular promotion strategies. But do not stop there. Perhaps you have your own ideas and unique opportunities, feel free to experiment.
How to get free press coverage?
Another effective way to expand the reach of your brand is to talk about it in the press. To attract the attention of publishers, you need to secure the status of an expert in a certain field. For this:
- Keep track of industry official organizations,
- Read the three most popular subject books,
- Have a free seminar at your local school,
- Write an interesting article and offer it to publishers.
You can start small, then moving on to publications in major magazines.
How to connect with mentors?
An important key to success is never to stop learning. Communication with a mentor can be a great way to strengthen your personal brand.
Why having a mentor is so important?
- A mentor can listen to you,
- He will share his stories with you,
- He will help you not to lose your goal,
- It will motivate you to do a little more
- He will help you make the right decisions.
But where to look for a mentor? The answer is, this can be a family member or friend, colleague, boss, local professional organization or social media connections.
To find a mentor, you should:
- Do the research and find someone who inspires you.
- Explain the reason you are contacting him.
- Share your intentions and talk about areas where you especially need support.
- Discuss your goals and plans.
- Make a convenient meeting schedule.
How to track your brand?
Creating a personal brand and expanding its coverage is not all. You must constantly monitor your presence and adapt the strategy accordingly.
Here are some ways to keep track of your personal brand :
- Control the display of your brand in the search results.
- Separate your name from other similar names, if they are on the network.
- Regularly update your site and profiles on social networks.
- Keep track of all reviews and comments, as well as brand references on the network.
- Quickly respond to user requests.
Keep your image consistent across all venues and keep a close eye on your reputation.
Do not forget about your uniqueness, always be yourself. So you can stand out from the competition. To understand what makes you unique, do the following:
- Make a list of your favorite activities, describe your story.
- Highlight your most outstanding features.
- Turn them into personal brand goals.
A personal story will also help you emphasize your personality. Answer the following questions:
- Why are you doing this?
- What is your vision?
Try to write your own story. Do not forget to talk about what you do for people and what value you offer. Add a call to action at the end.
Be yourself, be proud of your achievements and listen to the opinions of others. After all, a personal brand should be a reflection of your personality. Only then will it be truly effective and unique.