Anyone can start a business on Instagram with minimum investment, quick training, and remote work. Instagram is by far the most popular social network. According to statistics, about 60% of users check their feed at least once a day. The main audience is people from 18 to 29 years old. Therefore, a business that uses the capabilities of Instagram is so popular and profitable. This social network is constantly growing, the competition is already quite large and continues to grow. Business on Instagram is not the easiest thing, but it can generate significant income if you chose the right business idea.
Let’s take a closer look at 9 ideas relevant in 2020 on how to properly implement your business on Instagram.
1. Sell on Instagram
Instagram is a very effective trading platform with a lot of active audience, That’s why Promoting your product or service is a good way to make money on Instagram. You can earn decent money on Instagram even against accounts with a small number of subscribers.
What to sell on Instagram?
- Clothes and shoes,
- Handmade products
- Decor items, and utensils
- Cosmetics etc ;
- Business trainers,
- Beauty salons,
- Sports centers,
- Entertainment projects.
Today, almost any product or service can be sold using Instagram. The most important thing is to submit it correctly. If you have a hobby, and entrepreneurial skill, then, open an online store, and If you are a specialist in a narrow profile, for example, a lawyer or makeup artist, create an account where you will share your experience, give useful advice, and answer questions of interest to subscribers. People are drawn to free information if it is useful. This way you attract new subscribers, inspire confidence in yourself – and in case of real need, your subscriber can turn to you for real help.
There are different requirements for each type of sales-oriented account, For example, visual content is important for an online store – the better the photos, the more attractive the product itself, described on them. For an account focused on providing any professional and consulting services (legal, medical, psychological), then, useful texts are much more important. But it’s good when the blog combines both components.
In order for your services or products to be in demand, you need to collect your target audience in a blog. Before promoting your account, firs, develop its design and plan your posts, you must clearly present the portrait of your subscriber: how old is he? In which city does he live? What does he do, his income level? What are you interested in? When you have an accurate idea of your subscribers, it will be easier for you: to promote an account, formulate a proposal, determine a price, and interact with your audience. These are very important parameters for targeting, and an advertising mechanism that allows you to select from the entire existing audience only those who meet the specified criteria (target audience) and show the advertisement to it. Above all, Targeting is currently one of the most effective ways to promote
How to make money on Instagram by promoting your products and services?
- Provide them to bloggers on a barter basis: you are a product/service, they are an advertisement for your products.
- Arrange draws, contests, promotions, discounts on Instagram
- Use the correct hashtags and popular geolocations.
- Properly fill out the profile heading with the mention of keywords that will simply find you. For example, if you sell homemade cakes and are located in Saratov, write “Saratov Cakes” in the blog title – something like this, potential users will look for similar services.
- Use targeting – a built-in function in Instagram business accounts or contact professionals. This is not an exhaustive list of promotion methods. More details on this topic can be found on the Internet – there are many useful materials in the public domain.
Lifehacks for Instagram sales
- Share the process of creating your product with your subscribers. But do not overload with details – posts should be entertaining.
- Always respond to comments.
- Write the price of your product/service. Very often in online stores, you can see the magic phrase “write to direct” – this is for those who suddenly want to find out the price of products. Lack of price can scare the customer away. Firstly, not everyone will want to spend time corresponding indirect, just to find out the cost. Secondly, this leads to the idea that the prices of this seller are higher than those of competitors. And thirdly, there is a myth that sellers adjust prices, evaluating the wealth of the person who asks the question indirectly. Your task as a seller is to simplify the purchase process as much as possible. Therefore, indicate the price immediately.
- Encourage your followers. Post their photos with reviews.
2. Advertising on Instagram
This is perhaps the easiest and most common way to make money on Instagram. The only important condition is that you must have enough subscribers to earn money on advertising posts. Usually, a pass ticket to this “source” starts with 10 thousand subscribers, however, and with a smaller audience, you can earn on advertising. The main thing is that your entire audience should be real, and not artificially inflated by cheating.
What to do?
- Create an advertising post (it can be a photo or video)
- Insert a brand hashtag, a mention or a link to promote the brand
- Share it with your audience
- Get the money
The earnings scheme is quite simple, but there are a number of important questions that need to be answered.
Where to look for customers?
- You are lucky if customers come to you on their own but, this is a common occurrence. People look at your account, evaluate it, at first, make sure that the target audience matches, and write to you. If you want this story to happen more often, then mention this service in your account or create a separate account for ad recruitment. Just do not go too far with the number of advertising posts. In the pursuit of money, you can forget about the quality of the content. You can lose a large number of your own subscribers if you overload your profile with advertising posts. Therefore, carefully think over this moment, earning on Instagram.
- Today, there are many sites that help bloggers and advertisers find each other. Adstamer, Epicstar, Society – all these are social promotion services. Here you can find tasks on advertising in your account and calculate how much you will receive for this. On average, for placing 1 advertising post you can get from 7 dollars to infinity
How much can an Instagram business earn on advertising?
The amount of your income will depend on many factors, so we will not promise any specific amounts. However, we note that a blog with an audience of 30 thousand people can earn 400 to 500 USD per month.
3. Selling Photos on Instagram
One family always took a camera on vacation, took many travel photos on the topic “family on vacation,” and then sold them on stocks like Shutterstock. They say that they made good money on this and beat off a good percentage of the cost of rest.
Here is a real story about how you can make money on photos. Today, there are many services that bring the mass content producer and the buyer together. You simply register through your Instagram account on the service, note which photos you want to sell, and make a profit. Today, this way of making money on Instagram is one of the most popular
How does it work?
- Are you looking for a customer through the exchange or on your own?
- Agree on the price of advertising.
- Take a high-quality photo at the request of the client and give him the footage.
- You get the money.
Where to Sell Photos?
Here are the top 10 sites where you can sell photos
4. Marketing Consultant ( Promotion of accounts )
Marketing Consultant ( Promotion of accounts ) is another super-popular business on Instagram that brings good money. Nowadays many companies leading their profiles on this social network need promotion specialists.
What is the job?
- Registration of a company profile
- Creating content and a content plan that will gather an audience and attract customers
- SEO optimization
- Partnership with other bloggers
- Advertising account promotion in various ways
- Targeting advertising
- Increased activity (likes, comments, answers)
5. Account Administration
The idea is close to the previous one but involves work on creating content. If the promotion specialist works with marketing tools, then the account administrator is responsible for the entire account.
Administrator tasks on Instagram
- Regular post creation
- Photo/video editing
- Analysis of statistics
- Communication with subscribers
- Generating new ideas
- Creating a content plan
6. Affiliate Programs on Instagram
One of the easiest and most profitable ways to make money on Instagram is to sell other people’s goods or services through affiliate programs.
How does it work?
- Choosing an Affiliate Product or Service
- In some cases, you will have to get approval on your Instagram account as an advertising platform.
- Getting an affiliate link
- Placement of an advertising post with an affiliate link in your account
- If the user clicks on your affiliate link and purchases a product or service, you will receive a reward.
Today there are many affiliate programs. On the Internet, you can easily find lists of the best partners.
Here are some tips for posting ads
- Promote only one product. You ask people to follow the link in the biography, where you can specify only one link.
- Do not use the product image. The result is important for people. Show them the product you are promoting in action and how it can positively impact their lives.
- Shorten your link. Long affiliate links look unattractive. For ease, use the bit.ly website, which will bring the links back to normal.
- Use only relevant hashtags.
- For affiliate sales, choose products that already sell well and receive rave reviews from customers.
Conclusion of Business on Instagram
Instagram today is not just a social network for communication, but a real trading platform where you can deploy a real business and make good money. In fact, there are more than eight ideas for making money on Instagram. You can provide photo processing services, be the organizer of Giveaway, deal with profiles, issue authorial presets for photo processing, provide designer services to create an account, write texts to order, etc. Therefore, the main thing is to find the idea of a business with which it will be simple and interesting to work. In this case, the business on Instagram will bring pleasure
Popular Questions About Business on Instagram
Instagram is the most popular social network. It received special development in 2015, and in three years it has turned into not only, a powerful platform for communication, but also for earning. Today, there are more than 100 million Instagram users, and the main audience is people from 18 to 29 years old. According to statistics, about 60% of users check their feed at least once a day
Very often in business recommendations on Instagram, you can find advice to cheat subscribers. But we want to warn you: this manipulation will not give you any benefit and will not allow you to earn!
1. Firstly, what is the use of an inactive audience if most Instagram businesses are tied to the actions of subscribers.
2. Secondly, wrapped subscriptions are visible to the naked eye. If you want to cooperate with you, then the winded subscribers will scare away any adequate person.
3. Thirdly, cheating subscribers is not a pleasure. You will spend money on a “bear service”.
Unfortunately, you can make money on Instagram, but not immediately. In most cases, investing in Instagram pays off over time. You definitely won’t get short-term profit