What is SWOT Analysis of a person?
SWOT analysis is a powerful personal development tool. Not only helps you to identify your strengths and weaknesses, but SWOT also can help you discover a direction for personal and/or professional development, as well as areas of concern for you to address. The following are questions that will help you with each area.
The better you know yourself, the more opportunities you will have to realize yourself in life. There are a huge number of techniques, and practices for self-knowledge. Its essence is to identify and analyze its strengths and weaknesses. With such a swot analysis in front of you, it will be easy to determine where you should go next? What speed to choose and what results to expect shortly. All of this will allow you to effectively manage the process of self-development.
How to write swot analysis of a person?
This is a technique for analyzing your personality in the following aspects.
These are your most convex features and characteristics. This is usually visible to everyone because it extends beyond the borders of yourself. This is what you promote and sell in social interaction. Because these personality traits are visible to everyone. It is as if a person is trying to prove to himself and others his ability to something.
Usually, these qualities compensate for some kind of internal deficit and doubt. Often a person needs to take something outside and swing it to make sure that he has it. At the same time, when,ask others about your strengths, you can hear this to yourself. After which you will not be able to fall asleep for a long time, repeating to yourself: “Well, – I am such (such) !?”
Questions to Know your Strengths
- What do you do best?
- What are your positive traits?
- Explain advantages do you have (education, skills, networks, etc.)?
- What resources do you have?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Describe values do you have that may help you reach your goals?
- What do other people see as your strengths?
This list of questions is objective because it takes into account not only your opinion but also the opinion of others. Knowing your strengths makes a person happier and allows you to use them in your work.
If you are having difficulty identifying strengths then write down a list of your personality characteristics. Some of them will be your strengths. Those that others don’t have are especially valued. For example, if you know mathematics very well and are surrounded by people who know it even better, this may not be your forte. But if you are the kindest and most tactful among all your friends (and they also confirm this), then it’s them.
Characteristics of Strengths (Personal SWOT Analysis)
- Energy, activity
- Personal charm
- Developed intelligence
- Responsibility, Reliability
- Developed intuition
- Empathy, empathy for people
- Logic, rationality
- Positive thinking
Everyone has weaknesses. And, of course, from the “always more visible” side. Weaknesses are our Achilles’ heel, the vulnerable side. This is such a place, hitting it, you can destroy the whole system. Therefore, we do our best to hide our weaknesses to protect ourselves from hostile creeps.
But the real problem is that we don’t know about our weaknesses. And, this is what makes up a real danger for us, because if our enemies take advantage of an unknown vulnerability for us, it’s not good for us. That is why it is necessary to study this issue very carefully and, of course, turn to those who know you and whom you trust so that they would “point out your garbage” in garlic.
Because we are afraid of our weaknesses, so we squeeze them out of our minds and therefore, in practice, we often simply cannot name even 5 weak points. Especially – in public. But the trick is that knowing your weaknesses makes you strong. And the public discussion of his weaknesses is simply invulnerable because people think: “If he can tell such things to himself, then what can bring him out of balance?
Questions to Know your Weaknesses
- What tasks do you avoid doing because of a lack of confidence?
- What personality traits may be holding you back in your career?
- Explain the disadvantages do you have?
- What fears do you have that may be holding you back?
- What are your negative habits or traits?
- Describe resources are you lacking?
- In what areas do you need more training or education?
And again, weaknesses are considered not only from your point of view but also from others. Listen to what they say about you. Even if people are wrong, you are perceived that way, which means they will treat you accordingly.
Characteristics of Weaknesses (Personal SWOT Analysis)
- Lack of life experience
- Ignorance of myself, weak reflection
- Lack of competencies
- Fear of rejection
- Demotivation, laziness
- Lack of resources
- Inability to express one’s thoughts convincingly
- Irascibility, emotionality
- Inadequate assessment of the situation.
When you think about the possibilities of developing your Potential, you immediately go to a different level of work in the field of self-development and self-fulfillment. Because the development of one’s potential and the increase of one’s Strength is possible only as a result of deep and detailed internal work – by analyzing one’s strengths and weaknesses and by a subtle feeling of oneself, one’s potential for development. It is the feeling of unspent opportunities and incomplete realization of one’s forces that pushes a person onto the Path.
On the Path to the maximum development of its Potential. In general, there are two main strategies on the surface:
- Further enhance your strengths.
- Compensation, protection of one’s weaknesses.
These are obvious strategies, but the bottom line is that the real development of our potential lies away from lighting roads. As Christ speaks of this: “The stone that the builders rejected has become the head of the corner”. This is our nature, that we discard those personal qualities that, in a good way, should have been made the main ones – the cornerstones of our personality. It is the SWOT analysis that helps us reflect on the strategies and opportunities for our further development. While we live and develop, to put our various abilities and aspirations at the forefront, using all our previous experience.
Questions to Know your Opportunities
- How can you turn your strengths into opportunities?
- How can you turn your weaknesses into opportunities?
- Is there a need in your department that no one is a meeting?
- What could you do today that isn’t being done?
- How is your field changing? How can you take advantage of those changes?
- What new technology may help you meet your goals?
- Do you have contacts that could help you?
Examine your sides again and think about how to most effectively apply them to open up new opportunities. Also develop new strengths through various training, courses and so on. For example, you can train cognitive skills (memory, mindfulness, thinking and intelligence) using specially developed games of the BrainApps resource.
Characteristics of Opportunities (Personal SWOT Analysis)
- Trust in people
- Competency development
- Use of intelligence
- Interact more directly with people
- Overcoming fear
- Realizing your strengths
- Open to new
- Prove your worth
- Team development
The threats and dangers to our personal development also need to speak. A standard SWOT analysis talks about external capabilities and threats. So it is important to see the internal opportunities and threats. Because what comes from the outside is always obvious.
And if threats rise from the depths, we may not notice them until the very last moment. Until they appear on the surface of our understanding. So, when compiling this list, also think of external factors. Also about what internal, personal circumstances can pose a danger to your well-being and prosperity. Knowing the dangers and, the willingness to work with them and stop them makes you stronger.
Questions to Know your Threats
- What obstacles do you face?
- Could any of your weaknesses prevent you from succeeding?
- Do any of your strengths hold you back?
- Is your job (life, health, etc.) changing?
- Do you have any obligations (work or otherwise) that may limit your development?
- Are you competing with others for what you want?
- Are there changes in your field or in technology that could threaten your success?
It is important to know what threats you face in life because their awareness will help you figure out what strengths to develop and what weaknesses to get rid of.
Characteristics of Threats (Personal SWOT Analysis)
- Remain misunderstood, rejection
- Lose resources
- Waste motivation
- Be discredited
- Disrupt communication
- Get confused
- Leakage of energy, disease
In these compiled lists, everyone can find their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. This is because we live in the same era and in very similar socio-political conditions – therefore, our personalities are similar.
Personal Swot Analysis Examples
Here’s what your SWOT analysis might look like:
- I am a creative person. I often surprise clients and the boss with new ideas.
- And I can communicate with people and convince them.
- I can ask the right questions.
- I can think logically and often make the right conclusions.
- I have an impulsive need to complete things from my list as quickly as possible. This affects the quality of work.
- I lose myself in stressful situations.
- I have a fear of public speaking.
- Next week I will organize a conference. This is a great chance to meet new and important people.
- Our art director is going on maternity leave soon. This is a great opportunity to develop my skills.
- I work too much, so my creativity is falling.
- A fall in the level of the economy may lead to a fall in our market.
- My colleague claims to be the art director, who knows how to speak publicly and indeed is more communicative than me.
After studying the four components, you can find a solution and achieve success. Remember that the model itself is not able to work miracles, it only indicates and hints to you what to do
SWOT analysis is a great way to find a point of reference and explore yourself. It allows you to face the truth although sometimes unpleasant. SWOT allows you to focus on strengths, cut weaknesses, avoid threats and take advantage of opportunities.